1/7/09

The Season of the Solstice

Well, it's been a while since my last post, but it's been quite busy for me over the last month....not because of the pagan holidays, but because life just gets that way sometimes.

We've made it through another season of the winter solstice celebration, disguising itself as Christmas and New Year's but I find myself wishing it was still upon us so that I had more time to share the truth with those around me. I hate to say it, but it went by too fast. Not that I long for confrontation and strife, but that others might see those things which the LORD wants to expose. Those works of darkness that only His light (His Word) can reveal and show them for what they are.

Christmas and the whole festival, for those of you who may not know, is simply a renewed celebration of the winter solstice festivals of old. Nearly every single tradition of Christmas and New Year's is pagan in origin and all the church has done is thrown Christ into the middle of it and called it good.

However, the LORD does not take much of a liking to worshiping Him with pagan things (Deuteronomy 12:1-4) and the golden calf incident, in Exodus 32, is a perfect example of that. After Aaron built the idol, he then proclaimed a feast to Yahweh on the very next day! Trying to involve the LORD in idolatrous practices does not and CAN NOT sanctify the idol or the paganism.

Instead of me writing a bunch of things here I'm simply going to give you a link to the Ezekielthree website page on Christmas where you can read for yourself all about the traditions and practices and find out for yourself their origin. You then have to ask yourself, "What does God think about all of this?"

Here's the link - http://ezekielthree.com/christmas.html

Be sure when you visit the page to click the icons on the left which will take through all kinds of information.

Blessings as you seek His truth.

No comments: